Sunday, August 20, 2006

So...Why Didn't You See SNAKES ON A PLANE???

The weekend has come and gone, as has the public's awareness and wanting to see the would-be phenom SNAKES ON A PLANE. Where I and many others across the web thought people would go to see SNAKES because it looks 'so bad it's good', it looks as if people just think it looks bad.Why is that? The reviews, to everyone's amazement, have actually been, calling it stupid but so fucking awesome, basically because it has SNAKES ON A PLANE. I didn't go, but that's because I had a pulled groin and the true gimp I am was visible when I walked. Yeah, that's another story.

But seriously, SNAKES made an estimated $13 million from Friday to Sunday. That's pretty much nothing, especially when you factor in all the hype and figure that most of the fanboys rushed out to see it as soon as it was released. Just to put it in perspective, SNAKES opened with the 606th biggest opening weekend on record. Last year's award-winning, critically acclaimed masterpiece THE PACIFIER, starring Vin Diesel as a Navy Seal/babysitter, made more than twice as much as SNAKES ON A PLANE.

Honestly, America sucks. Completely disacknowledge what I wrote like an hour ago about America being awesome. They all suck, except for the $13.9 million worth of people who saw SNAKES. And me.

No comments: