Thursday, March 15, 2007

Been Busy

The past two weeks or so have gone by too fast. I'm pretty sentimental, and I enjoy sitting back and smelling the roses once in a while. If I can slander my own environment though, the roses haven't bloomed as well as they could have.

The play this year is A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM, and it's pretty hysterical. The music isn't incredible (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST definitely takes it, maybe even FOOTLOOSE too), but the script is. It's witty, fast, and stomach-hurtingly funny. If I can be so modest, I'm doing a pretty damn fine job in my two roles. It causes headaches and makes me swear a lot though when other people don't know what they are doing. I'm not going to name any names, but I think a few people were wrongly cast, giving important, difficult roles without much acting experience. Fuckin' aye. The show will be good though, I'm completely confident in that. March 22-25, 7 PM Th-Sat, 2 PM Matinees Saturday and Sunday. Be there or be dead.

I've watched depressingly few movies during the past couple weeks because of the play, among other things. 300 was a must, and ZODIAC and MUSIC & LYRICS were very nice as well. My TV has been pretty lonely though, with 24, LOST, THE BLACK DONNELLYS, and THE RICHES pilot on the TiVo. I've also been talking about more long-term stuff with my uncle, who is an agent in Hollywood and on Broadway, and I've got a tentative agreement to start a Film Theory 101 independent study next year with a teacher at the school, who seems like a nice guy. Oy. I feel like I've been talking (and reading) about movies too much any not watching them. Don't you sympathize for me?

I'm tired. Thoroughly tired. I haven't slept a whole night without waking up in about a month. I'm running on five hours of sleep and a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats right now. I feel even more tired when I sit next to Alyssa, who talks at about 500 mph. And now I feel like a fucking drama queen. Good job Tim, way to show your diary to everyone.

Oy.

No comments: